Sunday, March 4, 2012

cracked love on sidewalk at 2 am next to the avenue

up and down back and forth and erratic

the sidewalk passes beneath my befouled feet .

The corner seems like the place to be for right now – so I'll kick here for a bit.
I'm gonna check some shit out – so my head shifts around from side to side – to make sure…

My eyes dart around like mad cockroaches furtive beneath the blazingly hollow streetlight…

Aw – fuck this. This corner sucks – I'm gonna go back up the sidewalk back toward western and see what kind of scene is transpiring over there. Damn, I sure could use some crack at this moment. 3 am out on the streets, clear night, nice and quiet – all that's missing is that rejuvenating, blissful exhilaration of that first hit from the crack-pipe… Then things really begin looking up…

Hey – who's that across the street? Her eyes fidgety and dilated; her gait erratic and limpy; her face lip-stick caked and potch marked: my type of lady… Could she be that ever elusive "the one"? I envision a future whereupon we will have a nice little house on the outskirts of town, a garden, a dog; we would sit on the porch in each other's arms - smoking crack and watching the sunset…

I snap out of my fantasy: her one good eye engages with my bug-eyes and we both take pause: electricity…

1 comment: